General Manager Interview Questions
Spaced out with this tiring hunt for a competent general manager? Slow down and take it easy because our interview questions template is the key to snapshot hiring. Basically, such type of managers can be found in numerous industries, including hospitality, service, and retail. Their foremost duty is to handle team and facility management. According to a franchise, general managers may be considered the top-scaled specialists to address to. In case a customer needs to speak to the work responsible person, the entry-level staff will put them onto no one else but the general manager.
Role-specific interview questions
As the general manager is responsible for team management, they often occupy the post of a team leader. They assume the full-scope responsibility for hiring, training, and managing employees, as well as for supplying them with all the essential resources and tools to perform efficiently. The general managers should also be thoroughly up on the company’s business line to provide their team members with insightful suggestions on operations and strategy. If you wish to assess the technical proficiency of a potential GM, make sure you question them about budget planning, result estimation, and identification of threats and business opportunities.
- Tell a few words about your leadership style.
- What are your methods to ensure the tasks are assigned to the right executives? How do you monitor the project execution?
- Recall someone you mentored or coached. What was their initial workload and how did it change up to now?
- Speak about a case when you acted as a positive role model for your team.
- How do you approach the preparation and conducting of an important board?
- Take us through the usual daily routine at your previous post. What is your method of task prioritization?
- Have you ever worked on a project with several teams at once? How did you contribute to team effort and what was the final result?
- Describe a successful project you’ve managed. What was your objective?
- In case you had to finalize a project of poor budget and lacking resources, what would you do to overcome these troubles?
Personality-based interview questions
People skills are of paramount importance for this job, in particular, if the GM works for a company that is well-known for its impeccable customer service. The suggested queries will provide you with a clear representation of the applicant’s soft skills:
- Imagine you need to tell a team member that they are underperforming. How would you do that?
- Do you see the connection between this post and your career objectives? What is it?
- Describe an occurrence when you team members failed at meeting the business goals. What measures did you take to handle the issue?
- Name some of the industry trends that have had influence on your performance as a manager.
- Have you ever suggested an initiative that led to reduced costs, increased productivity, or improved efficiency?