UX Designer Interview Questions
Ways to test a UX designer are quite obvious. Before the very interview, it’s critical to analyze what they have created. To this end, start evaluating your potential employee with a thorough review of their portfolio. Next, set them an assignment. In case both of them are positive, prepare the list of UX designer interview questions. The latter should uncover the candidate’s capability to think critically, their attention to detail, etc. Read on to learn more!
- Talk about your education. Do you have a degree in design?
- What’s your current job?
- What challenges do you have to tackle as a UX designer?
- What are the most successful projects in your portfolio? How did you create them? What issues are they meant to tackle?
- Tell us about your failed projects.
- Tell us about the projects that didn’t go as you planned. Why did it happen? What did you do to eliminate the problem?
- What was the most interesting project?
- Do you have side projects? Tell us about them.
- Describe the time you dealt with the eye-tracking study, usability studies, focus groups, or field study.
- Please define user experience design.
- What makes the following areas different: user research, interaction design, usability, and information architecture? When is it necessary to turn to one of these areas?
- Outline your UX process. Can it change along with the project’s nature? What methods do you apply when designing a new product?
- How do you ensure that your project meets the user’s needs?
- What do you know about personas? How do you research persona’s needs and incorporate them into your projects?
- What approach do you employ to make platforms and websites accessible to all personas, including people with hearing, visual, and motor disabilities?
- What is your approach to testing products from the user’s point of view?
- Outline the prospects for the UX design industry.
- What websites and apps do you prefer most of all as a UX designer? Provide arguments.
- Who do you look up to in this industry?
- What makes a top-skilled UX designer?
- Where do you go for inspiration? What conferences/books/exhibitions do you read or attend for inspiration?
- How do you stay updated on the current UX trends?
- Can you easily interact with a team?
- How do you collaborate with product managers/engineers/other designers?
- What makes you a perfect fit for our organization?