Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions
Want to have an effective interview? Design the process and use our sample of interview questions for a recruitment consultant, which we compiled according to the core duties and requirements for this job.
Before you actually note the set of questions for your interview, make sure you understand the aspects of a recruitment consultant position. These specialists perform the duties which blend recruiting and sales. Thus, they create a new business by sourcing organizations that require professional help in staffing. Basically, these specialists match prospects to openings through talent sourcing and evaluation.
Once you specify the required experience and state the terms of employment, you then can proceed with interviewing your candidates. Along with teamwork, sales skills, and problem-solving, an applicant shall have a professional appearance in order to earn the employers’ and job-seekers’ trust. You can also check their writing skills to see if they can create a proper advertisement for a job.
Moving on to the sample interview questions, we have divided them into blocks.
Situational and Operational questions
- How do you start generating new business?
- What questions help you understand the requirements of your client?
- How to handle a complaint from a client concerning the found candidate?
- If a sourced candidate doesn’t fit for the applied role, what do you do?
- Imagine that you can’t find an appropriate candidate for a required position and your client gets impatient. What to do in such situation?
- If a client chooses a candidate that does not fit for a job, what would you do? How will you motivate your client to hire another candidate?
- Let’s say you have three minutes to persuade any client to use your agency. What would you say?
- Do you have experience in working with B2B?
- Why did you become a recruiter?
- How do you feel about cold-calling?
- Do you work with databases?
- What ways do you use for sourcing prospects?
- What screening techniques do you know?
- If you are to choose, would you prefer independent work or under supervision?
- Do you have good writing skills? How would you rate them?
- How do you use social media for recruiting? Describe the process.
- Have you ever experienced difficulties on such position? How did you manage them?
- Can you name any recruiter who you thing has been effectively doing the job?
- Have you ever failed in the provision of services to customers? What could be done better in that situation?
- How do you manage stressful situations?
While you conduct an interview, you will be able to identify the candidates that are motivated and ready to perform at the highest level.