Event Planner Interview Questions
Event planner duties reflect the title of this job: these specialists typically handle all the planning and transportation involved in throwing an event, which may range from conferences to weddings, from casual affairs to corporate galas, and everything in between.
Event planner job requires a great deal of imagination and creativity since these specialists have to brainstorm ideas for memorable events and exclusive celebrations as well as possess an ability to determine, understand, and satisfy customer needs.
Also, they must be organized and stick to schedules and deadlines in order to take care of all the coffee breaks, transportation, and other nitty-gritty details.
There is no educational route for event planner job. So, interviewing candidates is the only way to picture their event planning skills. Since every event is unique, situational Event Planner Interview Questions will come in handy. Find out what type of events they pulled off as well as whether your candidate has experience in large-scale events. Try to understand the way your applicant approaches event arrangement, their strong and weak points in this respect.
The following event planner interview questions will give you a hand at picking the right candidate:
OPERATIONAL AND SITUATIONAL QUESTIONS:
- On what principle do you select event locations?
- What type of events do you prefer most of all? Why?
- Do you have any event promotional experience? Which promotional means did you apply?
- Have you ever orchestrated themed events? Describe them. By what means did you complement the theme?
- What was the most epic event you orchestrated?
- Describe the time you had to resolve an unexpected problem during the event. Did you find the solution?
- Describe be the time you had to serve an unpleasant customer. What was the result?
- Have you ever had trouble staying within the budget? How did you get out of it?
- Have you ever had to pull off multiple events at the same time?
- Imagine that some newly-launched organization is planning to portray itself as a cool, fresh, and unique brand. What location would you pick for its launch party?
- I’m a client who wants to throw an event. What questions would ask me to arrange the event successfully?
- Do you prefer to work alone or in a team?
- How do you handle stress as the deadline draws closer?
- Describe the time you came up with a creative solution? What was it?
- What was your most successful event?
- Describe the time when your event didn’t go as expected. What happened?
- How do you manage to keep abreast with the latest trends in the event planning industry?
- What are the most popular event venues in X area? What makes them popular?
- What is DMS? What do you know about DDR?
- Tell me about event technology. Which do you prefer?
- How many events do you plan per half a year?
- Do you specialize in a certain type of events?
- What elements do you take into consideration before you start to plan an event?
- How to pull off a successful event?
- What makes you stay motivated?
- How do you attract customers?