Federal Bureau of Prisons
It is the mission of the Federal Bureau of Prisons to protect society by confining offenders in the controlled environments of prisons and community-based facilities that are safe, humane, cost-efficient, and appropriately secure, and that provide work and other self-improvement opportunities to assist offenders in becoming law-abiding citizens.
The Federal Bureau of Prisons, judged by any standard, is widely and consistently regarded as a model of outstanding public administration, and as the best value provider of efficient, safe and humane correctional services and programs in America.
► Correctional Excellence: We are correctional workers first, committed to the highest level of performance.
► Respect: We embrace diversity and recognize the value and dignity of staff, inmates, and the general public.
► Integrity: We demonstrate uncompromising ethical conduct in all our actions.
The Bureau is committed to providing:
- A safe environment for both staff and inmates;
- Secure institutions to confine offenders and protect the public;
- Those skills building programs we can afford, to offer inmates the opportunity to live crime-free lives;
- Service and stewardship to the public and a continued tradition of excellence;
- Staff who are ethical, professional, well-trained, and diverse.
- A supportive, safe and secure environment with opportunity for growth and advancement;
- Competitive salary and benefits, including healthcare and retirement;
- Geographic flexibility and work schedules;
- Modern Facilities, Electronic Records;
- Potential for Loan Repayment and Recruitment Incentives.
Washington, District of Columbia