Conservation Halton (CH), formerly known as the Halton Region Conservation Authority (HRCA), is a conservation authority established under the Conservation Authorities Act of Ontario. It forms a partnership with the Province of Ontario, the Ministry of Natural Resources and the regional municipalities of Halton, Peel and surrounding municipalities.
Conservation Halton was formed in 1956 as the Sixteen Mile Conservation Authority followed by the formation of the Twelve Mile Conservation Authority in 1957. In 1963 these conservation authorities amalgamated to form the Halton Region Conservation Authority which later became Conservation Halton. It was created based on the watershed of the two creek systems, by representatives from the municipalities of Mississauga, Flamborough, Oakville, Trafalgar Township, Burlington, Nelson Township, Milton, and Esquesing Township (now Halton Hills.)
To protect and enhance the natural environment from lake to escarpment for present and future generations.
Environmental Education, Watershed and Forestry Management, Flood Control, Outdoor Recreational Areas