Yola.com is a site building platform with more than 12M users worldwide. Yola enables small businesses, non-profits, and everyday users to create, manage and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola's solution offers ecommerce, and marketing solutions.
Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, has offices in Cape Town, South Africa, and in Ukraine.
They're looking for a Senior UX Designer to lead and grow the Product Design team in turning their vision into reality - someone who is willing to be hands-on but also able and effective at mentoring the team to create delightful, empathetic and holistic experiences.
They are multinational team, therefore English is a must, at least Upper-intermediate level.
They’re looking for someone who is:
- Experienced product designer: You have at least 5 years of experience designing simple but beautiful consumer products.
- Respected leader and manager: You’ve managed other product designers for at least 2 years and are respected in the design community and in your own team for your ability to lead and motivate in achieving the goals identified.
- Passion for learning and mentorship: You love improving yourself and have a deep passion to grow your fellow product designers through mentorship.
- Empathetic: You are able to deeply empathize with users to understand their needs and how best to address those needs through product design, demonstrated through a track record of beautiful, accessible products.
- Effective communicator: You are able to leverage highly effective communication skills to both articulate design decisions and effectively collaborate with your fellow team members, including senior leadership. Upper-intermediate English proficiency a requirement.
- Skilled UX designer: You are a seasoned and skilled UX designer and are able to demonstrate and articulate understanding of information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows. You are able to create interactive prototypes in tools like Sketch or Invision.
- Skilled visual designer: You are a seasoned and skilled visual designer and are able to demonstrate and articulate understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy.
- Multi-disciplinary, platform agnostic: You can take any tool and figure out how to use it efficiently and effectively to achieve the desired goals across any platform. Expertise in HTML/CSS/JS preferred.
- Mentoring and growing the Product Design team to solve complex design problems and drive learnings for whatever challenges come next.
- Advancing design thinking, processes and tools in the company to define how our products should look, feel and interact with each other while imbuing a design-centric approach in everything we do.
- Driving identification of customer needs across the entire system, together with your product and engineering counterparts, through user research, competitive analysis and other means.
- Defining and conducting user research to understand user needs and validate and iterate on solutions.
- Creating simple & beautiful end-to-end solutions to address customer needs, including UX design, visual design, wireframing, high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes and micro-interaction animations.
What they offer:
- Opportunity to significantly influence our product roadmap and strategy
- Many challenging tasks - we’re a relatively small team, with a large user-base (millions of users)
- Fully equipped A-class office space in the center of Kyiv
- 18 paid vacation days per year
- Paid sick leave
- Team building events
- Social package, including gym membership, medical insurance and English courses compensation (50%)
- Free cookies, fruits and sweets