Yola is looking for a Database Engineer. Initially you will work on the creation of a new ETL process and data warehouse database. Once this project moves into more of a maintenance mode, you will participate in ongoing data work including specifying, collecting and preparing data for use in multiple ways, including machine learning.
Yola is easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola's solution offers ecommerce, social-networking, mobile and marketing capabilities. Yola has more than ten million users and is available in sixteen different languages.
You should definitely have:
- extensive experience in at least one programming language;
- extensive experience in SQL along with its application in MySQL and/or PostgreSQL;
- experience transforming data from multiple data sources into minable aggregate data;
- working experience with Linux servers;
- an ability to innovate simply in the face of complexity.
It would be useful if you had:
- experience programming in Python;
- experience with multiple programming languages;
- experience with test-driven development;
- experience in scaling data, both relational and no-SQL;
- experience working in AWS, in particular Redshift;
- experience with code review - both reviewing and having work reviewed;
- experience in the application of statistics in data science.
Your responsibilities might include (but also probably will not be limited to):
- working with business and product on the creation and maintenance of an ETL and data warehouse;
- working with engineers on the development features and products that require data;
- working to extract once-off data for internal and external stakeholders.
- friendly working environment in international professional team;
- challenging tasks;
- 24-day paid vacation, paid sick leave;
- compensation of foreign language courses and sport sections;
- corporate events and team-building;
- comfortable office with (restroom, coffee, treats).