Waywire is looking for a Java Developer.
Waywire is the web's largest video curation platform. This B2B product enables leading companies like AARP, BBC, and NY Media to vastly increase the number of videos they offer on their sites without increasing their production costs. Waywire.com, aggregates the best videos on thousands of topics, curated by experts and powered by the platform.
"Must have" requirements:
- strong software design skills, knowledge of common design patterns;
- deep experience with relational databases;
- experience with profiling of Java applications and GC tuning;
- java core - strong;
- experience with Angular(or other JS framework);
- experience with Java8.
- experience with message oriented architecture and micro services;
- experience with distributed NoSql databases;
- understanding Perl code and possibility support it in a short term;
- spring core, spring web mvc;
- experience with unit/functional/integration tests.
"Nice to have" requirements:
- experience with Kafka;
- experience with Hadoop, HDFS;
- experience with AWS stack.
- understand a large repository of Perl code;
- rewrite Perl based solution on Java;
- development of new features on Java and Angular;
- identify bottlenecks and bugs in existing application, and devise solutions to these problems.
- competitive salary (linked to USD);
- paid vacations and sick leaves;
- medical insurance;
- coverage of English language courses and sport gym expenses;
- cozy office with an amazing team and gaming zone;
- interesting tasks and participation in corporate trainings and seminars.