Our client is a United States multinational looking for an experienced IT Support Specialist in Mexico City. The position requires frequent interaction and also traveling to the US office. The professional should already have the Business Visa authorization. This is a great opportunity for a skilled IT support with excellent customer service experience.
Client technologist that will assist in research, development, design, architecture, deployment & support of all client-facing technologies. Responsible for client-side imaging technologies for all supported software and hardware platforms.
Has frequent interactions with customers, vendors & other analytical & business staff & therefore, must be effective in interpersonal communications and problem-solving. Uses a high degree of patience and problem management techniques to solve problems. Follows through on the resolution with users. Consults solution base and peers to optimize problem resolution.
As needed, provides expert level, tiered technical support to other IT support staff, employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Installs, configures, and troubleshoots enterprise desktop computing platform. Keeps up with current & future client technologies, infrastructure operations & industry best practices & certifications.
You must have
· 5 years of practical, hands-on technical support experience including desktop, network and telephony
· Software, Hardware and application testing, validation, imaging & provisioning for all desktop, laptop, & tablet devices
· Install, maintain and repair local office network and telephony equipment, telecom and networking skills are a must
· Active Directory knowledge including understanding of GPO, user/computer/exchange accounts
· MDT, WDS administration for imaging, management & client patching as needed
· Accountable to perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex infrastructure and workstation related issues for end-users and to recommend and implement corrective solutions to ensure quick and accurate service delivery.
· Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstation devices and related hardware and software to meet delivered requirements for desktop service levels.
· Collaborate with internal and external technicians to ensure efficient operation of the company’s workstation and some of the server environment.
· Integrate & coordinate the future client activities of all IT Support groups of all affiliate locations, business units on & offsite
· Accelerate the maturation, deployment, and adaptation of advanced client technology systems throughout the enterprise.
· Maintain an efficient and structured incident escalation process which minimizes resolution times and properly transfers issues to the most capable technology resource.
· Maintain and improve inventory management system for hardware, software and product licenses as needed
· Mexico City
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred. Equivalent job experience will also be considered.
• This is an initial 1-year part-time contract
• The professional should be available for an initial training in the US
• Candidate will be paid locally in Pesos
• Must be bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
• Ability to travel to United States as needed (must have the Business Visa)
• Certificates are not required but highly encouraged industry standards such as Microsoft, CompTIA, certifications are viewed favorably.
Knowledge and Skills
• Technical skills through understanding of all flavors of Windows-based PCs, peripherals and networking.
• Excellent understanding of IT client infrastructure operations
• Excellent verbal, written and customer communications skills with technical and non-technical staff and end-users. English and Spanish required
• Excellent follow-up skills to see task through to resolution and communicate problem status to end users such as notification of completion, notification of delay and explaining rationale.
• Strong analysis, technical, planning and organizational skills.
• Solid Knowledge of infrastructure architecture, methodologies and processes.
• Advanced knowledge in the following technologies: All current Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 All Office versions VPN and remote access clients, RDP protocols, thin clients, Active Sync, All modern browsers, McAfee, SMS/SCCM and MOM/SCOM.
• Broad range of network and desktop knowledge including experience in:
• Desktop: Windows 7/8/10 Macintosh OS, Microsoft Office 2010-2016, Office 365, McAfee anti-virus/encryption
• Hardware: Dell, Apple, Microsoft laptops, desktop and tablets
• Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet
• Technologies: Microsoft, Active Directory. McAfee, Big Fix, Citrix, SCCM, VPN, major IT/Business applications
• Demonstrated knowledge of current & future PC, mobile & tablet computing technology
• Understanding of ticketing workflow, prioritization matrix, SLA enforcement & incident response
• Familiarity with Windows Active Directory LAN environments, enterprise network technologies like DHCP, DNS, GPO
Got Interested? Send an e-mail to email@example.com and schedule a confidential conversation.