We are seeking applicants that desire the experience of changing healthcare through compassionate delivery of care. We provide opportunity for growth and advancement, with multiple branch locations in multiple states.
· Under the physician’s order, admits patients eligible for home care services within 24-48 hours.
o Assess and evaluates patient needs/problems, identifies mutually agreed upon goals with patients.
o Reports patient status and need for other disciplines to agency Clinical Supervisor and referring physician. Reports to assigned follow-up Clinician as indicated.
· Develops patient care plan that specifically addresses identified patient problems and goals. Updates care plans on an ongoing basis; revises and resolves patient problems and goals as changes occur and/or at recertification.
o Completes admission paperwork to include checklist and submits to Clinical Supervisor per agency policy.
· Provides physical therapist services including assessment, evaluation, procedures, teaching and training activities as outlined in the patient Plan of Care.
o Provides Physical therapist visits according to visit schedule and notifies agency of need to alter schedule in any way.
o Reports significant findings to patient’s physician and Clinical Supervisor as they occur.
o Re-assess patient for effectiveness related to goals, continuing or discontinuing service, changes to goals or care plan update,
· Submits completed physical therapist visit notes; communication notes and home health aide supervisory notes per agency policy on designated days as requested by Clinical Supervisor.
· Submits change orders per agency policy.
· Performs all OASIS time point assessments per Medicare Criteria and per agency policy and procedure.
· Acts as a preceptor in the orientation of new physical therapy staff as requested.
· Attends staff meetings, team conferences and educational in-services per agency requirements.
· Participates in Process Improvement (PI) program by assisting with collection of data and serves on PI team upon request.
· Participates in discharge planning process per Medicare Criteria and agency policy and procedure.
· A current unencumbered State professional license.
· One year experience as a home care professional physical therapist and competent in performing comprehensive assessment and OASIS-C preferred.
· The ability to make sound professional clinical judgment.
· The ability to assess and document patient needs and formulate individualized patient care plans to meet those needs.
· Proficiency in clinical skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and is able to read, write and comprehend English.
· An automobile to be used for work, current driver’s license, good driving record and proof of insurance.
· Proficiency in personal computer use, including email, clinical, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
Partnership with staff and easy access to doctors to optimize quality patient care.
· #1 operating point of care system/ Home Care Home Base.
· Ready access to professional resources such as wound care and rehabilitation specialists.
· Weekly team conferences to optimize patient care through open discussion with the interdisciplinary team.
· Flexible scheduling.
· Company provided scrubs.
· A Competitive salary package which includes a 401k match.
· Mileage reimbursement.
· Fast advancement opportunities in a rapidly expanding innovative healthcare environment offering a clinical ladder.
· A unique opportunity to provide care with specialty programs that focus on disease pathology, Health Literacy, and treating the whole patient.
· Agency is a Member of the National Association for Home Care.