Reporting to the Head of Reporting, Tax & Treasury you will be taking full ownership of the UK Plc group's tax affairs. You will be required to ensure that the tax function is robust and operates effectively to ensure that the UK group remains tax compliant. You will be assisted by the in-house tax accountant and tax assistant.
The tax team will be responsible for:
- Effectively maintaining best in class tax governance for the UK Plc
- Corporation tax compliance, quarterly tax accounting and statutory accounts tax disclosures.
- Preparation and submission of R&D tax credit claims.
- VAT compliance & advice including registration, option to tax and monthly and quarterly VAT returns
- Senior Accounting Officer compliance including auditing financial reporting internal controls to identify weakness and recommend improvements.
- Employment tax compliance and advice including the monthly administration of SMART Fuel.
- PSA annual return and Form 42 reporting.
- Maintaining good & open relationship with HMRC and dealing with their queries on a timely basis.
- Adhoc tax advice including due diligence for trade & asset/share acquisitions and divestments.
- International tax advice on a wide range of aspects including permanent establishments, incorporation overseas.
- Developing tax awareness training program & rolling out to the business
- Identifying and implementing tax saving strategies.
- Assisting with bids to ensure that all areas of tax have been considered and costed.
The successful candidate will ideally have a proven track record of working in tax preferably from a Big 4 background. You will have a least 5 years’ experience of working in tax and will be ACA/ACCA & CTA qualified.