Position: Family Medicine Physician
Employment type: Permanent
City: Cloquet, MN
Community Hospital seeking a Family Practitioner or Internal Medicine Physician to join our team. This Full-time position for a FP or IM Physician will work 5 days a week; hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm. Full, unrestricted Minnesota Medical License. Federal DEA Clean background/no malpractice history.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides comprehensive medical services for members of family, regardless of age or sex, on continuing basis: Examines patients, using medical instruments and equipment.
- Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Administers or prescribes treatments and medications.
- Promotes health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
- Provides prenatal care to pregnant women, delivers babies, and provides postnatal care to mothers and infants.
- Performs surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency.
- Refers patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient’s well-being.
- Works continually to assure deliverance of quality clinical care in a safe, efficient, competent, and effective manner.
- Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures.
- Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of services as determined by the supervisor.
- Successful completion of an accredited Family Medicine Residency with 2 years or more experience
- Current board certification by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine (AOBFM)
- OB and C-section experience required