Our client, a successful digital media company, is looking to hire an experienced Sales Compensation Analyst to join their global sales operations team. This person will oversee sales compensation payment calculations, metrics, and analytics reporting. This Senior Sales Compensation Analyst will have excellent analytical and communication skills, and will be comfortable driving initiatives to solve problems, and improve efficiency and process automation. This person will also collaborate and provide metrics to the senior leadership team, and will help ensure that the sales compensation program is running effectively.
Responsibilities of the Senior Sales Compensation Analyst:
- Ensure that the global sales compensation plan is being applied consistently throughout the sales organization
- Evaluate commission plans and processes and initiates change to increase efficiency and reduce costs of administration.
- Configure, test, and administer our client’s Sales compensation software, which include sales incentive plans, territory and account assignment, compensation targets, and quotas.
- Collaborate with the Finance and HR teams to ensure accurate crediting of transactions to sales reps and sales managers, and to understand new hire employment offers
- Work in tandem with the Payroll team to process commission payments on time, and accurately each month.
- Prepare commission expense estimates for the Finance leadership team
Research and resolve commission-related inquiries from the Sales team, such as system access issues, transactions disputes, credits, and payment calculations.
Qualifications of the Senior Sales Compensation Analyst:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- 5+ years of hands-on sales compensation administration experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills – experience with pivot tables, building complex formulas, and creating financial/compensation modeling
- Experience with any enterprise level compensation/incentive software
- Experience using Salesforce is highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be service-oriented and effective at building positive working relationships