Optimize Partners provides IT staffing solutions to tech startups and Fortune 500 companies in the New York metro area, and beyond. One of our clients, a fast growing FinTech company that provides an online marketplace for commercial loans to small businesses, is looking to hire a full-time Data Science Manager to lead, motivate, and manage a team of 7 data scientists, including multiple data projects.
- As a manager of a world-class data science team within a fast-evolving financial landscape, the individual will have the exciting opportunity to direct a team of data scientists on a variety of complex data projects, and also work externally with bank and other financial services partners.
- Manage the data science projects in an Agile environment, provide coaching and mentorship to team members as needed
- Establish Data Science role models and best practices in the organization
- Communicating data driven insights to business audiences through simple visualization
- Make data driven recommendations to improve operational efficiencies in underwriting, marketing, and sales
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4-year degree; advanced degree or post-doctoral preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing a team of Data Scientists.
- Overall 10+ years of experience with data science, credit risk management experience is a definite plus
- 3-7 years of experience with Python programming
- 5-7 years of machine learning experience and or natural processing language.
- Extensive, hands-on experience with relevant methodologies in classical statistics, big data, supervised and unsupervised learning models with emphasis on communicating the analysis to business audiences through visual and other methods.
- Prior experience to creating and allocating relevant individual workstreams to data science team members and be able to synthesize team efforts and prepare succinct presentations to C-level and to the Credit Risk Committee.
- Ability to interact effectively and independently with other functional units, such as underwriting, marketing, sales, and software developers to address their analytical needs in a time-sensitive environment.
- Strong conceptual thinking skills, highly motivated, outcome-focused, dynamic, and capable of guiding and inspiring their team to perform at a high level.