Partner directly with site leadership to develop and administer HR policies, programs, and processes that enable business strategies, foster leadership success, and improve the employee experience of 300+ direct and temporary employees in our Indianapolis, IN facility.
- Develop a strong knowledge of the organization’s structure, strategy, roles, goals and challenges to serve as a trusted and valued advisor to employees.
- Partner with leaders to manage all key people processes: employee relations; recruitment and onboarding; performance; people development; engagement; terminations and promotions; legal; benefits; FMLA and worker compensation, etc.
- Remove barriers through enabling employee/ manager self-service.
- Act as a trusted and credible business consultant and coach to leadership and employees.
- Attend local management and functional meetings to better understand the business as well as talent and development needs; Provide active feedback and support in these meetings.
- Utilization of Predictive Index (PI) analysis in coaching and EE problem resolution.
- Collaboration and best practice sharing with U.S. HR team.
- Build upon our HR brand through elevation of the employee experience.
- In addition to the above general HR duties, there will be heavy support for manufacturing of close to 200 direct and temporary employees; such as Performance Reviews, New Hire Orientation, Environmental Health and Safety Training, Recruitment, FMLA administration, Process and Procedure oversight (i.e. Manufacturing Employee Handbook) and Leading monthly Town Hall meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources or related discipline required.
- 5+ years’ knowledge of / experience in HR functional areas (generalist, staffing, compensation, learning & development, etc.).
- Manufacturing experience highly preferred.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Hours typically 8-5 however the need to flex 5-10% of time from 6-3 or 7-4 required supporting manufacturing needs.
- Ability to travel as required (approx. 5-10%).
- Outstanding credibility through living the core values.
- Strong service and collaboration orientation.
- The ability to work effectively with diverse cultures and people.
- Has capability to be a strategic thinker and also possess a “hands on” implementation /project management approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated at all levels, including executive level.
- Proficient computer skills, including functional knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen.
- Demonstrate a high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Conflict resolution skills.