We are looking for a self-starter with a mindset to automate and streamline QA processes to help us reach our goals. Working in a small and highly skilled team, you will not only develop and execute exploratory tests, but will work closely with Engineering to help ensure quality in rapid development cycles that continuously add value to our software-based services. The ideal candidate will thrive as part of a cross-functional team where their achievements and impact are recognized across the entire organization.
Core responsibilities include:
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Black box & Automated testing
- Front End web testing is key, also should be able to at least read code
- Strong understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies.
- Hands-on experience with Selenium Webdriver or similar tool.
- Working knowledge of black box and white box testing, and a strong understanding of and experience with SQA methodologies, techniques and approaches
- Experience with browser debugging tools. (Firebug, Fiddler, Charles, or similar tools.)
- Experience with performance, scalability, and reliability testing methodologies for server class services.
- Strong root cause analysis experience.
- Schedule estimation (of tasks) experience, and on-time delivery against those schedules.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Critical thinking about product behavior and user impact.
- Ability to see the "big picture" of a complex system.
- Curiosity, patience and desire to learn.
- Position requires a Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field with heavy quantitative component PLUS three (3) years of experience as QA Engineer, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), or related.
- In lieu of Master's degree and three (3) years of experience, employer will accept a Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field PLUS five (5) years of experience in a related industry role with management duties.