- Client is seeking a talented UX designer to drive the evolution of user interactions and user experience for our next generation of big data products for the web. In this role, you will lead a team of designers and work in close partnership with team members from Product Management, Data Science and Front End Development to deliver products that directly address customer needs and meet Client's business objectives.
- The ideal candidate will be fundamentally curious about the way things work in the real world and the digital one. As the Senior User Experience Designer, you will study our customers' behaviors and transform them into world-class experiences that are highly functional and intuitive. The ideal candidate will be a proactive and critical thinker that works creatively through the inherent challenges of the product research and development process. They thrive as part of a cross-functional team of start up proportions but while maintaining big picture.
Core responsibilities include:
- Owns and leads the design process from product thinking, to flows, to wireframes, to prototypes, to user testing, etc.
- Applies best practices from the field of user experience and user research.
- Is a core contributor to product discovery process and assists in validating product ideas and designs.
- Effectively designs interactions within the product, ranging from small feature iterations to larger, complex, greenfield experiences.
- Supports their assigned product development team on achievement of agile sprint goals, working closely with Product Managers and Scrum Masters to prepare designs for development.
- Applies an understanding of user analytics and KPIs to monitor the product's performance and guide product evolution.
- Performs user research and customer discovery, such as interviews, observation sessions, and user tests, etc., synthesizes and shares their research to stakeholders.
- Incorporates insight from their research into product designs.
- Explores new ways of communicating product design concepts and supporting information to product stakeholders.
- Collaborates and critiques with fellow designers to ensure that the very best work possible is being released into the market.
- Manages internal and external design resources.
- Proactively mentor and develop other Designers.
- Dreams big about changing the way people interact with technology.
- Has a strong portfolio with project artifacts illustrating an individual approach to design solutions and demonstrating systematic and creative design thinking.
- Has proven experience working directly with internal or external clients to gather requirements, present work, and discuss feedback.
- Has experience successfully executing in environments that focused on conversion, renewal and subscription.
- Thinks about the full context of the user experience including business challenges, user needs, and technological capabilities.
- Proficient using tools for pre-visualiztion, prototyping and spec creation (eg. Sketch, Invision, Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Suite or similar)
- Understands fundamentals of visual design.
- 5+ years of experience in UX, Interaction Design, Product Design, or related fields, designing for web and/or mobile.
- Experience managing direct reports, leading teams and design projects.
- Formal study of user experience design.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of client, its products, and its target customer
- Writes HTML and CSS.
- Prior experience working with Agile software development process.