The Automation Controls Engineer position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to safely install, commission, troubleshoot, repair and maintain aircraft support, production, and facility equipment according to predictive and productive maintenance processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform highly diversified duties to program, install, commission, troubleshoot and maintain aerospace ground equipment, production machines, major jigs, tools and the plant facility's equipment such as overhead cranes in an aeronautical environment,
- Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production support equipment during ongoing operations and use of such equipment,
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs /troubleshooting of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service;
- Perform technical skills including, but not limited to, electrical, automation, instruments, troubleshooting and repair of production specialized equipment;
- Read and interpret PLC programs, equipment manuals, electrical and mechanical drawings and work orders to perform required maintenance and service,
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments,
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, multi-meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties,
- Detect and document faulty operations, defective materials, and report such defects and any unusual situations to proper supervision using the “Intervention Sheet” form,
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
In addition to the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities, the company will request the candidate to support the organization by;
- Reviewing, challenging and commenting the Preventive Maintenance task lists, the PM & CM processes, intervention sheets, in order to improve them,
- Being actively involved, with the Maintenance Foreman, the Engineering team and the Maintenance and Risk Manager, in the assessment, the preparation and the execution of corrective actions and root cause analysis,
- Provide thorough electrical, automation and robotics training to the rest of the team,
- Being proactive, dynamic, motivated and to fully support the Maintenance Foreman, Maintenance and Risk Manager on a daily basis,
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Automation, Robotics, Instrumentation, Electrical Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Ability to Work Under Adverse Conditions
- Inspections & Reporting
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
- Professional Engineering Degree with education and production maintenance experience. Strong aircraft /automotive production environment skills and knowledge is a must to shorten the learning curve,
- 10+ years of relevant working experience in aeronautics /automotive or similar industry,
- Professional schooling which includes proper documentation of the related duties and proven ability to conform to the criticality of the aircraft industry as prescribed by this job description.
- Strong Siemens PLC experience is a must,
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows and Office,
- Analytical, problem-solver, optimistic, loyal, independent and hands-on
- Fluent in English (both written and oral)