An exciting position has come up with a leading financial institute within the Peterborough area.
You will be part of a small team of people making sure that systems and sites are optimised to full potential and achieving max uptime as well as documenting current systems (network diagrams, tutorials, etc.).
· Support and scale server infrastructure for production and internal environment.
· Member of team managing always-on, multi-site infrastructure.
· Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure.
· Assist with capacity planning for all aspects of the infrastructure.
· Design, implement and operate a scalable and reliable system infrastructure supporting fast growth.
· Perform daily maintenance activities.
· Unix/Linux System administration experience.
· Working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, SMTP, NTP, SSH, NFS and various filesystems.
· Knowledge of PHP, IIS,
· Solid fundamentals in Linux operating systems and prior experience managing production systems.
· Strong interpersonal skills with internal customer facing experience.
· Basic LAN/WAN and TCP/IP troubleshooting skills.
· Basic script writing experience (any of Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
· Basic storage/SAN administration experience.
· Familiar with linux/unix systems
· Database familiarity would be beneficial (MySQL)