1. You have experience with community outreach, especially with difficult to reach individuals
2. You have experience walking door-to-door, with public speaking, or previous sales experience and training
3. You have experience managing a team and overseeing day-to-day personnel needs
4. You excel at empathy and human interactions, and want to improve the health of individuals and whole communities.
Nice to have:
5. Experience working with individuals with mental health and substance use diagnoses.
6. Training in motivational interviewing, behavioral activation therapy, or problem solving treatment.
What you need to know:
-Supervise a team of 5-8 outreach specialists, each having a panel of ~100 members to engage
-Organize and manage community outreach events
-Collaborate with the Community Health Partner (CHP) Leads on outreach and engagement initiatives involving CHPs
-Manage and track all aspects of outreach activity, including outreach performed by other care team members, to insure best practices are followed and performance goals are met
-Develop and iterate on best practices for engaging ‘difficult to reach’ members
-Utilize data obtained from outreach activity in Commons, including success rate by time of day, geographic area, and other variables, to optimize our outreach strategy
-Provide training to new hires, as well as ongoing in-services to all team members including daily planning and logistics, as well as documentation in Commons
-Accompany other team members on outreach visits to provide in-person support and guidance