Required skills & experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree in related field preferred.
2. AA degree plus 2 years direct Addictions Counseling experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree. HS diploma plus addiction certification above Trainee status in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
3. Trainee status with the MD Board of Professional Counselors & Therapists, CSC-AD, CAC-AD or higher certification required upon hire.
4. Obtained specialized training in: CBT, motivational interviewing, trauma informed care, collaborative documentation desired.
5. Previous experience preferred.
What you need to know
1. Amazing benefits with opportunity for employee recognition
2. Requires weekend and evening availability
3. Provide residential services to adults who are in need of substance abuse treatment
4. All COMAR & CARF mandatory trainings required within 30 days of hire & as needed