New York City based mid-tier bank is looking for a full-time first/second-level support candidate within financial services industry to help maintain, support, and enhance and develop a suite of critical financial processes and toolkits in their San Francisco office.
Candidate must be a self-sufficient, hands-on self-starter – someone willing and able to initiate and take on projects, tackle difficult issues and follow through to resolution. Candidate must also be capable of functioning in a highly visible work environment and coordinate efforts with peers who work throughout the world (US and Europe). The primary functions of this role are as follows: field communications from users and assist in troubleshooting and resolving various technical issues, ensure the stability of business-critical platforms, assist with systems integration, production deployment, as well as troubleshooting and support of systems as part of a 24x7 team. Candidate will also have the flexibility to expand the opportunity based on future technical and business needs.
The successful candidate will apply advanced, interpersonal communications, process discipline and top-notch technical troubleshooting skills to design and support mission-critical applications for IT and internal business users.
· Assist local users with hardware support and configuration (desktops, mobile devices, etc.)
· Provide support for the firm’s 24x7 helpdesk.
· Ability to work on an “on-call” rotation.
· Assist troubleshooting user issues and see through to resolution, either resolving them or escalating to the appropriate parties.
· Gather business and functional requirements for various business requests.
· Create and improve technical documentation.
· Provide feedback to improve processes.
· Comfortable with general hardware support (desktops/monitors/phones/printers/etc).
· Knowledgeable in Windows OS’s (7/8/server); Unix/Linux a plus.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (2010+).
· Understanding of networking technologies, LAN, DHCP, VPN, VOIP
· Familiarity with mobile device platforms.
Soft Skill Requirements:
· Experience working with clients to gather requirements, design/develop solutions, provide application support, and troubleshoot technical issues.
· Must possess excellent problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
· Strong communication skills: both verbal and written.
· Strong individual contributor with high motivation, and the ability to take initiative, set priorities and perform tasks with minimal guidance; that is also a consummate team player.
· Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Knowledge of portfolio management and/or trading systems a plus (Fidessa, Charles River, Citco Aexeo).
· Experience with financial data: Bloomberg, Kynex, Eze Castle, Fidessa, a plus.
· Knowledge of or experience with financial concepts related to stock market, trading concepts, financial instruments, accounting.
· Familiarity with LanDesk a plus.