Our client is a dynamic private company that has been in business for over 25 years and operates with offices in many states. They are a developer and investor in power generation and transmission projects and related activity throughout the United States, taking both principal positions and sponsoring private equity and hedge funds that invest in the power space, along with business units focused on investment funds in other spaces.
The Tax team consists of approximately 16 personnel located in the Northeastern US. Included in the Tax team is the Indirect Tax team. The Indirect Tax team, which focuses on Property, Sales and Use and other indirect taxes, currently has three team members and is led by a Vice President. The hired Property Tax Manager is expected to:
· Manage property taxes for multiple power assets throughout the US
· Manage due diligence, modeling, and risk analysis on M&A transactions and provide recommendations for internal private equity team and company management committee
· Prepare property tax returns, budgets and forecasts, modeling, research, and other property tax administrative duties for various operating properties, including support with assessed value evaluations, informal and formal protest, and appeals of value
· Assist with property tax diligence on development projects under consideration. Maintain close working relationship with asset management and accounting departments
· Developing and implementing strategies for property tax minimization
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business strongly preferred
· Minimum of 8 years of property tax related experience in multistate real and personal property. Utility industry experience a plus.
· Must be able to communicate in a succinct and understandable manner both verbally and in writing
· Self-motivated, ready to work independently, and strong communication skills
· Able to assimilate large amounts of information into meaningful analysis
· Ability to organize and prioritize work
· Ability to exercise sound judgment in problem solving
· Solid due diligence and research skills
· Strong analytical, computer, and Excel skills
· Positive, assertive and persuasive communication style
· Excellent work ethic
Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401k matching, annual cash bonus etc.