Dynamic energy firm is looking for a leader to guide the plant environmental teams in compliance, monitoring and reporting for areas including air, water quality, wetlands, waste management and remediation. Works directly with Plant Management and Environmental Affairs to ensure that the facilities remain in compliance with all existing permit requirements and develops plans to be compliance with any new requirements.
· Provides leadership, direction and training to all Generation Environmental staff to ensure compliance with all applicable permits.
· Oversees staff in the development, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of plant environmental programs to ensure compliance with applicable requirements.
· Ensures effective cross-functional communication between plants’ other executive departments to develop project-specific and Generation-wide environmental permitting, compliance and risk mitigation strategies.
· Effectively serves as a leader in the organization. Works collaboratively with other management team members in achieving the strategic goals and objectives of the organization.
· Champions and ensures timely and effective two-way communications with employees.
· Develops and manages department budget. Ensures expenditures are appropriate and within approved budget.
· Provides environmental leadership to assigned area. Develops and implements environmental plans and procedures. Performs quality assurance and quality control activities related to environmental data gathering and analysis. Leads and directs plant environmental emergency response efforts.
· Serves as an environmental resource for the Generation staff. Participates on various internal working groups and committees as necessary. In coordination with Environmental Affairs, develops and implements procedures to ensure compliance and manage impacts to environmental and operational activities. Prepares and presents environmental training topics to internal Generation staff.
· Provides leadership and expertise in environmental inspections, audits and incident investigations.
· Provides expertise in project planning related to environmental issues. Provides oversight for environmental plans for projects.
· Ensures that all data that is submitted to regulatory agencies is reviewed and accurate.
· Ensures that all QA/QC processes necessary for environmental compliance are in place and reviews as necessary.
· Twelve or more years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of environmental permitting, permit compliance, assessment, interpretation, implementation or administration of environmental regulations, programs or policies, including experience with preparing technical reports and communicating with regulatory agencies.
· A degree(s) in environmental science, chemistry, business, engineering, risk management or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
· Driver’s license
· Specific experience related to managing environmental programs for a power generation utility.
· A degree in an applicable field of engineering
· Professional Engineering License in Texas
Additional abilities and skills:
· Knowledge of applicable regulatory environments
· Knowledge of applicable State of Texas and federal laws
· Knowledge of environmental codes, regulations and laws
· Skill in providing leadership, direction and supervision to staff
· Skill in analyzing legal and policy issues
· Skill in developing strategies to meet legal and company requirements
· Skill in analyzing and solving complex problems
· Skill in advocacy and negotiation
· Skill in effectively resolving conflicts
· Skill in verbal and written communication
· Skill in public speaking and articulating complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Skill in communicating effectively with team members, supervision/management and external organizations under normal and emergency conditions
· Skill in client counseling
· Skill in planning, scheduling, prioritizing, and coordinating work within assigned work area
· Intermediate skill level in office productivity applications (such as email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.)
· Ability to assimilate a complex set of facts, apply the applicable law to the facts and give an accurate legal opinion on liability or lawfulness of a proposed action
· Ability to balance and manage competing high priority work demands
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k etc.