ACHINIST TOOL ROOM
Manufacture, assemble, and finish tooling and tooling components to near-zero tolerance in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
Support all facets of company.
Other duties as may be assigned.
• Ability to interpret technical drawings, blueprints, and shop sketches, knowledge of GD&T.
• Capable of setting up and operating manual and CNC lathes, OD/ID and surface grinding, milling, plunge and wire EDM and measuring equipment with the ability to perform close tolerance work.
• 2-3 years vocational trades training or personal hands on machining experience.
• Have the ability to program CNC equipment using Gibbs, Cimatron, ESPRIT and capable of reading and editing G & M machine code.
• Machining, inspection, and assembly skills of tooling components including the ability to produce laps, hand fit and polish and understand tool assembly techniques and press fits.
• Ability to work independently and make independent decisions while using creative problem solving and decision skills.
• Knowledge and proven track record of machining carbide, tool steels, and machinery steels.
• Must be goal- and deadline-oriented with very high attention to detail.
• Associate’s degree with concentration in Tool and Die or Precision Machining or equivalent experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Shop environment.
• Steel-toed safety shoes and safety glasses required.
• A high degree of eye hand coordination and dexterity and the use of head gear with a magnifying visor.
• Must be able to regularly lift loads of up to 50 l