· Work with application security team for the development of a secure kiosk software for Linux distribution.
· Plan designs and build package management solutions for product deployment on a nation-wide scale.
· Application and debugging of Linux security controls and kernel-level components.
· Adjust and continue to improve open source software to meet or exceed customer requirements.
· Create Firefox extensions to improve security features and user experience.
· To enhance security, modify window manager and desktop.
· Provide systems analysis and diagnostics of network, printing and security problems.
· Monitor Debian and RPM packages for updates.
· Develop full stack website with Python Django.
· Maintain and update GUI applications using desktop frameworks, like Qt/QML.
· Deliver Tier 3 level troubleshooting, support, and timely resolution of issues.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of Systems Administration that includes Linux application development.
· Solid background in software design, development and testing.
· Knowledge of Git, Agile methodology, DevOps, etc.
· Strong skills in Python, C and Bash.
· Comprehensive background in Debian and Red Hat package management and file formats.
· Ability to debug Linux applications, kernel drivers, and security problems.
· Proficient in Linux administration, internals, and system programming.
· Working knowledge of Linux system security that includes access controls and host hardening.
· Familiarity with network flow analysis, iptables configuration and AppArmor profiles.
· Understanding of the customization process of windows manager and Linux desktop environment.
There is no visa or sponsorship for this position. You must be a U.S. citizen or have a Green Card to apply.
Pay rate is based on experience level. Range is $110,000 to $130,000 with competitive benefits.