Manager, IT Network Infrastructure
Reporting to the Director of IT Infrastructure & Operations, this key leadership position is responsible for establishing the strategic direction for networking and security.
As a member of the IT Leadership Team, this individual will establish goals and objectives for a technical team of 4-5 employees while directing the architecture, design, and auditing of the network and network security. The role offers the opportunity to combine solid technical skills with coaching and mentoring a team.
· Manages and provides Administration and Operation of Networking devices like Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Load Balancers.
· Knowledge of various LAN/WAN architectures to improve corporate network connectivity, availability, and security.
· Maintain records for server and desktop software licensing requirements.
· Vendor management.
· Monitor the day to day actions of end user and technical infrastructure support staff.
· Planning/analyzing network capacity and usage needs.
· Be accountable for the offsite disaster recovery program, including practice scenarios.
· Deep understanding of network performance monitoring.
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex network related issues and connectivity.
Applicant: Must be a U.S. citizen or have a Green Card to be eligible.
· At least 10 years of work experience in the field of information systems.
· A minimum of 5 years in information systems management.
· Proven hands-on network engineering experience.
· Good understanding of networking protocols and DNS.
· Solid understanding of network security tools and prevention management.
· Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
· Exhibit good time management skills, independent decision-making capabilities, and a focus on customer service.
· Possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
· Project management skills to execute corporate initiatives.
· Experience with SolarWinds or other Network Management System (NMS).
· Occasional travel will be necessary.
kw: network engineer, information systems management, network security, network monitoring, DNS, vendor management, customer services, firewalls, routers, switches