At ASKfm, our premise is simple: we believe questions and answers are the building blocks of conversation, self-expression, and deeper understanding. As the only global social network built on a Q&A format, we bring millions people together across more than 150 countries. Unlike other social networks, how you engage with friends and express yourself on ASKfm is done through the lens of what other people want to know. Through the natural exchange of questions and answers we aim to be a safe, fun, and engaging place for learning more about yourself, and exploring the social world around you.
About the Opportunity
Come be a part of a small nimble systems operations team. We are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team, working on maintaining all Ask.fm services globally. We work in a high scale environment, hundreds hosts in production and growing, serving gigabytes of traffic per second at peak times. We serve petabytes of media content per month. Our site has over millions visitors per day and we see thousands requests per second at peak times.
What you get to do:
- Support and improve a constantly growing number of Linux servers in production and dev/staging environments;
- Work on complex infrastructure projects. For example, terrabytes data migration or a new datacenter setup;
- Gain experience in supporting some of the latest technologies and frameworks;
- Work on reliable technology (Docker, Kafka, Spark, AWS, Sphinx) in an open source environment. We do not use any proprietary software in production;
- Research and develop new infrastructure-related products and tools, including monitoring systems, automatic deployment systems, etc;
- Work shifts (on-call rotation) outside of normal business hours. This includes production monitoring, reporting, problems investigation and elimination.
What you need to have (required)
- You are highly experienced in Linux System Administration (3+ years experience in a similar role);
- You are very knowledgeable in web application support;
- You know how to run large (hundreds hosts) infrastructures.
We´d like you to have (preferred):
- You are familiar with MySQL and Redis administration (performance, tuning, replication, backups);
- You are familiar with HAProxy and/or Nginx;
- You are familiar with Puppet configuration management systems - You have a practical experience with AWS.
- Competitive salary;
- Vacation 24 calendar days;
- Benefits package;
- Tea, coffee, corporate parties;
- Career perspectives;
- Cozy office near metro.