The Software Developer position is a long term contract opportunity. Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the Software Developer position is located in San Diego, California.
Software Developer ( PHP) will implement enterprise software solutions involving web application frameworks, web services and Service Oriented Architecture ( SOA), Test Driven Development and Agile methodologies, as well as system integration with 3rd party vendor provided enterprise systems.
Essential Job Duties:
· Design, develop, test, debug and maintain web application/REST web service based solutions in PHP
· Participates in all phases of the software development life-cycle – requirements, architecture/design, implementation, testing, release, maintenance of our enterprise software applications.
· Write and review artifacts during the software lifecycle
· Work with customers to support enhancements and fixes to existing applications in production
· Work with cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery
· Ensures that projects are conducted in ways that benefit the project objectives, the people participating in the project, and company’s long-term interests
· Perform design, code and test reviews of solutions
· Ensures company security and compliance standards are met
· Accept and provides technical solutions and direction
· Assist in process improvement initiatives
· Assist external auditors, regulatory auditors and other 3rd parties as needed
· Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
· Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
· Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
· Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
Minimum Requirements :
Minimum 2-4 years experience with the following technologies:
· Object Oriented Programming with the understanding of an MVC framework architecture
· Strong MySQL database and SQL query language skills
· Knowledge of working with Web Services ( REST)
· Strong Linux command line shell skills
· Working knowledge of HTML, jQuery and CSS
· Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Good interpersonal and team skills
· Experience with PyroCMS and CodeIgniter a plus
· Experience with .NET is a plus
BS or MS in Computer science is preferred