Our Client is a team of innovators with architectural, construction, engineering, physics, mathematics, and business background. Their main focus is developing innovative solutions and delivering proofs of concept to business groups that integrate them into their business model.
Our Client is a digital engineering group within a large building product corporation, and they are operating as a startup out of an office in New York City. They are fully funded, and also have full legal support to protect our intellectual property.
As a technology expert, you’re the missing piece that we need to maintain our client’s competitive advantage. You’ll be an integral part of the strategy team and you’ll be involved in creating cutting-edge solutions that make a huge impact in our industry.
You will work with your team and key partner organizations to help drive overall software strategy as well as validate our assumptions: complexity, feasibility, time constraints. Some of your day-to-day work will include the following:
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· You don’t mind context switching and working on multiple projects simultaneously. You prefer constant engagement with your team to tuning out and coding all day.
· You have 3-5 years of solid experience in software development for both web and desktop applications (see specific technical qualifications below).
· You’ve had exposure to a wide range of programming languages and environments. Even if you have specialized in one particular language, you don’t mind jumping between programming languages to get something done.
· You are a fast learner and can quickly pick up new programming languages, APIs, SDKs, and tools. We work with a wide range of 3rd party tools and technologies, many of which are recently developed and may have less-than-ideal documentation. You’re the type of person who isn’t afraid to work through these limitations.
· You’re excited to take on wicked problems and love developing prototypes; the idea of having your name on a patent excites you.
· You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable communicating with all levels of management about everything from status updates to big-picture ideas. (We report directly to the CEO, who’s paying close attention to our progress.) You are equally comfortable talking to customers, vendors, and other partners.
· Popular Frameworks such as React.js or Angular.js
· Node.js, MySQL, MongoDB, PHP, Symfony in a Linux environment
· Web 3D technologies such as WebGL and Three.js
· Experience in developing web services or custom CMS
· Relevant Bachelor degree
· Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to work autonomously and cross-functionally are essential
· Flexibility and overtime is required.
· Basic computer skills are required.
· Other useful technical skills: C++, C#, Ruby
· A practical knowledge of 3D workflow and rendering (in any DCC, e.g.: 3ds Max, Maya, Rhino, Revit, ArchiCAD)
· While not essential, knowledge and awareness of visual design is highly preferred
· Technical knowledge of rendering techniques (either GPU or raytracing)