General Purpose of the Position:
Manage department providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all Company activities that will assist management and other users in making educated economic decisions about the Company's future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits and annual budgets.
* Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the complete integration of all accounting issues and services including accurate and timely financial statements production, billing and account statement production.
* Oversee the activities of the Accounts Payable Department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports, and cash control.
* Oversee the activities of the Accounts Receivable Department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all Accounts Receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc,
* Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
* Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company's value.
* Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
* Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
* Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, franchisees, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
* Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
* Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
Skills and Abilities Required:
* Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, income tax and banking working knowledge.
* Very computer friendly -- spreadsheet proficient (hardware and software).
* Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
* Strong managerial abilities.
* Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
* Spreadsheet package (Excel, Access, Monarch).
* Latest computer technology – specialized industry software—latest ERP/WMS
Education and Experience Required:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
* Must have 5-8 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience, preferably in the Food Service/Distribution area.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.