Conroe Independent School District
Conroe ISD is a 348 square mile school district located in the Houston, Texas metropolitan area. The geographic areas of the District are diverse and include The Woodlands, Shenandoah, Oak Ridge North, Conroe, and Caney Creek, as well as several other smaller towns, communities, and unincorporated areas. Conroe ISD is one of the fastest growing school districts in the State with an average enrollment growth of approximately 1,500 students per year.
Conroe ISD is a community of individuals working together to achieve the best for students. The District is proud of the accomplishments of the students, teachers, and administrators who have helped make it a great place to be!
In 1886, the Conroe Public School’s first classes were held in a one-room school constructed of rough lumber near the present community of Beach; It was called Conroe Mill School and was open each year for a five-month term. The first African American school was located in Central Baptist Church at Madeley Quarters. The Conroe Independent School District was created by the Commissioners Court of Montgomery County, Texas, July 12, 1892, by consolidating the twelve Common School Districts surrounding Conroe. This area covered 25 square miles.
Conroe ISD currently occupies 60 campuses over the 348 square miles that the District encompasses. The oldest campus is Travis Intermediate School, formerly Crockett High School. In 2015, Conroe ISD had an enrollment of over 58,000 students and graduated over 3,000 seniors.